Back on February 27th (when it was 65 days till I turn 65), I regaled you with things that I like, love, or just make me happy. Now that it is 33 days till that significant birthday I would like to share with you with some things that just drive me crazy. I was first going to say things that I hate but an acquaintance said to me accusingly, “Why would you do that?” I told her not to worry, her name would not be mentioned, at least not this go round. Some of these might make you smile, others will just have you shaking your head but it is what it is.
1. Getting up early. The best part about retirement – sleeping in.
2. Sweet Tarts. They are not fun, eating them is cruel and unusual punishment.
3. Prejudice, Dishonesty, Stupidity. These are so bad they don’t deserve individual numbers.
4. Winter.…quickly followed by
5. Driving in the snow. Another positive part of retirement, I don’t have to go anywhere if I don’t want to.
6. “Unknown Caller” phone calls. If you aren’t brave enough to show your name on my caller I.D. then I ain’t talking to you.
7. You know when you are knitting and you realize you’ve dropped a stitch, like eight rows back? Yah, I hate that.
8. Bad hair days, especially when you are running late for an appt. and you have no time to do anything about it.
9. Evil done in the name of God. In the words of Blaise Pascal, “Men never take to evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.”There are too many crazies out there who get away with a lot of bad shit because supposedly God said it was OK ( insert God of your choice, insert holy book of your choice.) Attention crazies! God has your number and he’s not happy.
10. Political commercials. I think I broke the mute button on my remote.
11. Abuse. Physical, mental, it’s all the same and it’s all bad.
12. Gaining weight. And the fact that as you get older it gets harder to lose it.
13. Slow computer connections. Why does it sometimes seem slower now than those old dial-up days?
14. Fish. Bleh! I’m not crazy about them dead or alive. Eating them, no way.
15. Cold feet. Socks are the best invention ever.
Ta-Da! Only one more list to go….on my birthday.