Now that we’ve been Freshly Pressed I feel we should tell you a bit more about ourselves. I’ll give you more on my bio and maybe a bit on Curt, my fellow blogger. If he wants to elaborate, I will leave that to him in another post.
1. Born and raised a Bear fan in Chicago,Illinois.
2. BA from Valparaiso University in Indiana, taught art at a Jr/Sr H.S for five years. Got married and moved to DeKalb, IL where we both attended Northern Illinois University. In two years I had an MA in art (fiber), Curt had his MFA (ceramics).
3. On to Green Bay, WI. I spend 31 years as a librarian and Curt puts in his 31 years as a Professor of Art at UWGB. Both of us are currently retired.
4. I love to read. Fiction is it for me, I love to escape reality. Give me SF, vampires, historical fiction, fairies, angels, thrillers or romantic suspense. I usually have 3 – 4 books going at once and yes, I can keep all of the plots straight.
5. I love movies. Similar themes as books but then add to that Coen Brothers, animation and foreign films to the list. I also love series TV: you know those HBO and Showtime ones that go on for years like Breaking Bad, Justified or Game of Thrones.
6. I am a fiber artist. Tapestries were my graduate work. I can weave, spin, knit, crochet, needlepoint, embroidery and sew a patch on your pants. Made a lot of my own clothes when I was younger. much younger. Current passion is making dolls and crocheting evening bags. Lately I’ve been doing art boxes and books. See my ETSY shop link on the Meet Us page.
7. Clutter makes me crazy and I am always accused (by my husband) of “tidying up.” But I married a packrat so I am doomed to tidy up for the rest of my life.
8. I like sports and I yell and swear and cheer on Sundays for the Green Bay Packers. My husband could care less but he humors me and nods and smiles when I relate the latest great play made.
9. We are birders. The oldest records I can find go back to 1979 but lists seriously started in ’83. So 29 -33 years of birding for us. We introduced our son to birding very early. As a little boy he never said birdy. It was a robin, a sparrow, etc. My life list is currently at 349.
10. We both love to cook (especially Curt), and especially for friends and family. This however is not good for anyone’s waistline. I think loving to exercise is something we will have to work on.
Those are the highlights for now. We hope you enjoy reading our posts as we continue with our passions and write about them.